Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 26, 2012

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT IS ALMOST MARCH!!!!

Hmmm I have apologized in the past for slacking and procrastinating, this time though I have been busy, I have been doing other things within the music community that have really kept me running.

SL MUSIC RACES FOR A CURE! I appreciated the music community and have always loved it. Working on this team has given me an entirely new appreciation for it. Though the team itself will have its own blog (hopefully soon), I would like to bring you up to date on this. What started out as an idea has truly blossomed. We currently have 120 members on our roster on the Relay For Life of Second Life website. Our team is set up to take on donations in USD instead of having to log in to Second Life!!! This is wonderful as it allows many of us to let friends, family etc., know how they can make a difference.

Now I have to tell you, there is nothing like getting a bunch of venue owners that love live music together and asking for event ideas. This is absolutely the most creative bunch of people. The events this team has planned, hold on to your hats....we are going for a ride through live music that will be phenomenal. On that note I have to add, not only do these venue owners have wonderfully creative ideas, and a lot of them.....giggles I am still getting them. They go one step further and start putting together and organizing the events.

Earlier today while discussing our teams with a Second Life publication, I realized that while heart and caring can not be measured with factual numbers, I am truly lucky to be surrounded by so very many people with such huge hearts. So in the upcoming weeks and months, though I will try to find the time to bounce around to the venues and listen to performers, you will also likely hear a great deal about this team. After all this is a team that is all about our beloved live music community.

Watch those event boards across the grid, the Second Life events, Facebook, Moolto, SL Profiles and many other places that you will be able to see what SL MUSIC RACES FOR A CURE is up to in the battle against a devastating disease that has affected each of us....or just click on my calendar in my profile in world. As fast as we finalize dates, line ups and locations they are in there.

What kind of team member would I be though if I did not give you each a place to donate.....no matter where you are...inworld or out. One dollar or one thousand, it all adds up to help others. Just copy and paste the following link:

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?pg=team&fr_id=42558&team_id=1115404

No comments:

Post a Comment