First and foremost, I have to tell you, that I am truly blessed to have the awesome co-captains that I do. Liz Harley, Sam55 Chester, and Precious Rallier...knowing how very much last year took from me, stepped up to help in ways that ...well they are amazing!!!
Once again this team will come together in ways I never thought possible when this started. Last year when the season ended, we had 177 members. this year the team looks like it is continuing to grow in size. Soo many are returning. If you were on the team last year, and are continuing this year please let myself, Liz, Precious or Sam know.....I will never assume and so it is important that you let one of us know that you are intending to continue with us.
For those of you that are not aware, I will give you a brief synopsis of the team. We are a Relay For Life team of SL....comprised of performers, venues, managers, fans...all the many different avenues of Second Life music working together, with no personal agendas, solely to make a difference in the lives of others. Smiles, that being said, this is still entertainment...so there is promotion involved. A close friend of the team had made us a sign last year...a rotating musical note and a rotating harp...depending on the venue's preference; this sign does contain the bio of every performer on the team and a description with landmark of every venue on the team.
I will copy and paste the notecard I am sending out inworld, it will give you a brief description of last year as our first year:
Happy New Year!!
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and has had time to get back to normal. It is the time of year that SL MUSIC RACES gets to make a difference in so many lives.
Just a brief recap of last year:
* We had the 2nd largest number of team members in RFL of SL demonstrating just how large of a community live music is in SL. The team was made up of SL performers, Live Music Venues, managers, and fans, bringing together all the different avenues of live music from around the world. (I learned how to use a translator...lol)
* We were the third highest fund raising team raising over $16,000 USD...beaten by one of the oldest teams in SL and Amaretto Horses.
There are a couple of things I would like to point out about this that made it so very impressive.....the first being that we demonstrated that music does make a difference and the second being that every event we did and everything sold was completely about live music in sl.
Some events that were both unique and impressive:
*A week long music festival week, working with another team.
* The live music raffle of which 10 (I think) live performances were raffled off.
* An Art Auction that consisted of live music throughout it...complete with a mime behind one of the performers.
* A global Music Fest consisting of a number of venues and spanning decades of live music. representing the 4 corners of the world....both music and cancer are global.
* A music through the years tour consisting of a number of venues and spanning decades of music.
* A clothing auction uniquely done with each one of a kind made item made exclusively for one of the sl performers. Only the performer and winning bid received them.
* The first Ms. & Mr. SL MUSIC RACES FOR A CURE pageant.
* The first international song contest bringing performers from around the globe to compete with one song.
*Venues of all types held events, gave some wonderful ideas that were acted upon, donated time and money.
* A packed weekend of dual streaming....bringing together so many different performers working together.
* Every performer and venue was included along with their bios and/or description. Many performers have since made comments to me that their own personal groups have grown due to many of the team events.
In a brief recap...sl live music came together, no personal agendas, united as a team to make a difference and WE DID! Now it is time to look at the second year,
As we enter our 2nd year, we are looking to repeat this and continue to show that sl music does make a difference.
Please join us as we continue to battle against a disease that takes on so many insidious forms and has touched every single one of us in so many ways. The battle against cancer has had milestones in some areas and miles to go in others, only in everyone working together we will all continue to make milestones.
Please contact the following with your information, if you are interested in joining us along this journey:
Still Braveheart - Captain
Liz Harley - Co-Captain
Precious Rallier - Co-Captain
Sam55 Chester - Co-Captain