Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 7, 2014

THINGS SL PERFORMERS SHOULD NOT DO TO LIVE MUSIC VENUES

Wow it has been a heck of a day.

Friday, August 1, 2014 I had the other week lineup going.  It had been going well I had a performer that I love who had been appearing and doing great...then this Friday he was a no call no show.  I left a message on his fb etc...I know things happen....One never knows when RL will come up....But here it is on Sunday and I get a notice that he is performing somewhere.  I suppose I would have understood it better if either he or his manager had bothered to take the time and let me know what happened.  Especially since there had been people showing up and to see him and waiting then leaving.  We even saw them come back, giving this performer a chance to get there.

So with that a note to performers, the venue owners plan their schedules around you, give them the common courtesy of cancelling if you need to.  If something happens in rl and you are unable to let them know, at least take the time to apologize when you do return to sl.  As performers you would not want to be treated that way by venue owners, don't treat them rudely.  You run the risk of losing a booking and ruining your reputation because believe me.....venue owners do talk.

I ran into the same sort of thing that Sunday with a performer from Scotland.  She at least sent me a notecard, but in the notecard stated that she was cancelling because she had accidentally booked another venue.  Now on that note, I had to ask why she was cancelling her regular performance and knocking the venue that was paying her weekly for a one time appearance somewhere else.  At which point she told me that she cancelled that too.  So after I had seen her in events for the other performance, I went over to see if it was truly cancelled.  Lo and behold there she was performing.  I have to admit my anger boiled over and I did im her and state that she lied to me.  Most of you know me and know how much value I place on honesty.

Both of these performers will no longer be appearing at BS's.

So with that another note to performers, venues that pay you to perform week after week, deserve the consideration to be honest with them. 

I did not put these performers name in here because I was not after publicly humiliating them.  Though if there is anyone that would like to know, you can always im me inworld or pm me in Facebook. 

There are other things that though not as major every performer should do before getting a stage.  Know the name of the venue you at, If you are not sure of how to say it, ask the venue owner.  But never promote another venue in place of the one you are at.  You should also make sure your managers and hosts know the name of the venue as well.

Know where the venue tip jar is at.

Venue owners are paying for the land you perform on and many times for your performance.  In my opinion, it is only right that you be considerate of them and their venue.

1 comment:

  1. i HAVE TO SAY THANK YOU TO ONE OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED PERFORMERS, WE HAVE TALKED AND WORKED THINGS OUT, AND HE HOLDS A REGULAR BOOKING AT BS'S!!!!

    ReplyDelete