Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

TWO WEEKS IN THE MAKING

Starting out at Guthries....what a wonderful way to start the week!  Listening to Phoe Nix....I love listening to this woman.  Her voice smooth, beautiful, angelic.  This is woman I can not say enough good things about.  I adore starting the day at Guthries....it has to be one of the most relazing venues on the grid.  What a fun show......Roger Moore and Sean Connery were decided to be the best Bonds from the James Bond movies along with Octopussy and Diamonds are Forever.  This is a wonderful venue....such awesome music, Dottie is known for having quality music and absolutely my favorite venue to start the day with a cup of coffee.  Then again this has been one of my favorites since I first heard Russell Eponym here many years ago.  Though I am determined to do venue hopping today, this will be a hard one to pull myself away from. I stayed for another hour while working on things for the team and listened to Icky Flux....just such a relaxing morning.  Icky is great to listen to as well.

Wow that was over a week ago, next thing I knew I was in a whirl wind of SL MUSIC RACES FOR A CURE activities. From RFL of SL kickoff right into an 8 day live musicfest.  Though it finished on Sunday night, I think I slept the whold day yesterday (Monday).  It was an amazing week though that surpassed our wildest imaginations.  The performers....all I can say is WOW.  A special thank you to everyone that came out and supported us and RFL of SL.  I know in the past that I have told you how much this music community of ours leaves me in complete awe.  Your generousity and hearts....there are no bounds.  You give and give and give.  Your time, your talents, your money.  I know that I sound like a broken record and one would think that once said is enough....yet it never feels like enough.  Just when I think I have it all undercontrol, you amaze me over and over again.  The catch is, that so many of you share so many things with me about yourselves and your own situations and experiences, so I know that when you are up there and giving.....it is coming from your hearts, and that will never stop amazing me.  http://slmusicraces.wordpress.com/


This past week I learned something--thank you Voodoo Shilton.  It seems that lately Second Life has been messing with people when streams are changed.  Most people are unable to hear the new stream and either tp out of the venue and back, relog, or just tp out and do not return.  Voodoo taught me that if the next performer up has their stream running approximately 60 seconds before the stream change in land, it is a very smooth transition and everyone can hear it, so there are no complaints, no losing people on the venues.  After we learned this, we told each and every performer to have their stream up and running 60 seconds before we changed the streams.  It was such smooth transitions that other venue owners who had stopped at the fest for a while said something to me.  Giggles, because of it, we could always tell which performers followed thru and which did not.  This morning I had stopped by another venue and noticed the same thing, I mentioned it to the venue owner as she was losing people on her venue due to no sound.  She also liked the idea of it.

Whether you are a venue owner or a performer, this is something you should take note of as no one wants to lose people on their venues or at their performances.

As much as I wish I could spend more time right now venue hopping, the team itself keeps me pretty busy, though due to all of the AWESOME events being lined up, I will have a chance to get to many different venues then and quite often hear performers that I have not had a chance to hear before.  The same occured with the Music Fest.....there were performers that I had not listened to before, one being Jacqueline Luik, she is newer to performing in Second Life, but the minute she started singing I knew I was listening to a voice that is going to take SL by storm.  Stephanie Silentghost was another new voice for me, she is amazing. 

A reminder to everyone before I close out this this post.  Cancer takes on so many forms, and has touched every single one of us in one way or another.  Milestones have been made in fighting this horrible horrible disease, BUT--it is not enough.  More needs to be done, more milestones need to be met.  Each of you can makes a difference with ever linden, every dollar donated.  No matter how much....from 1 linden to $100...combined with everyone else s makes a difference.  Each of you make a difference.  As you wonder across the grid and see those familiar white RFL kiosks...throw those few lindens in.  Cancer may not be eradicated from the face of the earth during our lifetime, but more milestones will be met and just maybe with enough milestones, our children, our grandchildren will never have to hear the word Cancer again except in a history book.


No comments:

Post a Comment