Total Pageviews

Friday, May 9, 2014

LIVE MUSICE VENUE HOPPING IN SECOND LIFE CONTINUED

The gray is gone and the soap opera is done....so I am back.  Starting out at My friend Sasinq's place Cameo Music Park.  Listening the wonderful paradorn Ansar.  A wonderful acoustic performer.  Something truly puzzles me about music community lately.  Where is the following to so many of these so talented performers.  Every now and then you hear the most awesome talent that is amazing, yet I have to wonder why the following is not there.  I feel that way listening to Paradorn.....amazing talent.  So what are we doing wrong as a community to not see the exposure that so many of these performers deserve.

Many of you know that I also explore sl.  Quite often I do that and meet new people, it always amazes me when they are not aware that live music exists in sl.  Though it was not done for this reason, but it did make many realize that live music is alive well and kickin butt in sl....The two years we were a team in RFL of SL, though I have apologized to the team for leading them down that path....I have to admit that due to the hard work of the team and the many events we did, it made many much more aware of live music in Second Life.  It may be time that we think about other ways to get out and let so many others know about live music.

I have seen some performers that comment they will go to newbie sims and promote themselves there.  As a community lets start thinking outside the box.  All too often we get stuck in our own little corner of the world and forget there is a whole big grid out there and so many different communities.  Those of us that have venues, maybe we should be getting out more and promoting ourselves beyond the music community where the same people see the same things over and over.  I challenge each of us to think outside of the box, think of an idea and follow thru on it.  To many of us it means stepping out of our comfort zones....but if it benefits the performers and the venues then please tell me what is wrong with it.

On to LA Club to listen to Chip Takacs for a bit...LA club is an awesome venue.  Always holding a good line up.

But there is another performer that I have not heard before so I am not staying at LA Club and instead went on to AerRock Beach and WOW what a voice.  AerRock Beach always seems to find some awesome talent....they have out done themselves on this one.  Caasi Ansar is truly a performer that needs to be heard.  If you have not heard her, I can not recommend this woman enough.  She is from Scotland so usually only performs during earlier SL times, so if you work during the week on US time, make it a point to hear her on the weekends.  I am done today....well at least for awhile as I run errands in rl.

No comments:

Post a Comment