Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

EVENT TO BENEFIT STAND UP 2 CANCER 2016



I BELIEVE THE WORD CANCER FALLS UNDER WHAT I CALL CUSSING

I truly hate that word, it effects so many people.  I do not know anyone that has gone through life without the effects of cancer, whether it be themselves, friends, family. A couple of days ago I received a Facebook post, another sl live music community friend, someone that I also knew from a jam and was crazy about her, was just diagnosed with cancer.  This came after the news of Brandy & Doofus hit the music community so hard. In my own personal opinion, there is only one way out of this and this is what research is all about.  Finding a cure.  When I originally looked at all the different non profit organizations out there focused on cancer, the reason I had liked Stand Up 2 Cancer so very much is that it is all about finding that cure (100% of all donations go directly to research)  or in the case of cancer, there will not be one magic cure all as cancer takes so many insidious forms, the answer will be making a difference and finding many different cures.  Though not any one person nor one of has the answer there is always a way we can make a difference in the lives of so many, quite often our friends, family future generations.  We can show our support and help as much as humanly possibly.  Each day brings new and innovative things things through research....once again we can come together to make difference.

This year rl has been one thing after another, yet you know me well enough to know I won't give up fighting for that answer.  I sat down and looked the calendar.  In the past Stand Up 2 Cancer has done their live simulcast program every other year.  This should be one of those years.  Though I have not heard anything as of yet.  I am also aware that there is a jam scheduled right in the middle of September, and will be an extremely well attended jam with a waiting list already that is long as my arm.  I had this idea rolling around in my head and a couple of venue owners what their opinion was.  This year Stand Up 2 Cancer will run September 1 to September 30, keeping in mind that the 16th-19th is the Twin Cities Jam and many of us will be traveling.  Just as last year, all monies raised be evenly divided between the US, the UK, and Canada.

The list of performers is growing.  The list of venues is growing.  If you are interested, in showing your support this year please im me inworld, let me know here, or email  stillbraveheart@gmail.com.

I do have to thank Tristyn Homewood for providing the kiosks the last few years.  Unfortunately this year he is retired.  I am currently seeking someone that could make this years years kiosks, auction kiosk, raffle system and selling venders.  We have had many others that want to join us this year, including designers, art galleries, etc.  I may have the auction solution and just need someone to design it for Stand Up 2 Cancer.  In looking through some of the things that were made for us last year, I may also have the selling solution, but again need someone to help me have it set it up Stand Up

No comments:

Post a Comment