Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 28, 2016

ANOTHER BUSY WEEK IN SECOND WEEK LIVE MUSIC AND A MISSED SPECIAL EVENT

It's only Wednesday and already I have been bopping around.  Though first, I have to tell you about you an amazing event I had been invited but well you know me with the blonde roots & old age syndrome...it truly is dangerous.  One of my very special friends, many have seen me refer to her a number of times, Mirelle & Aeon Jenvieve-Woodford owners of Ce Soir spent the weekend celebrating Celebrating The Bard of Avon & St. George.  It was quite a weekend.  Mire sent me pictures to show what I missed....and I truly realized I missed a unique weekend n SL.

Book of Love & Imagination CAST

BRYN at Dover Beach Theatre 0416 3

MOON in Ballet - 0416 at Ce Soir Arts 5

RUSSELL READS THE BARD 0416 4 
I know that if they repeat this next year, I am making it a point to be there, it looks absolutely beautiful.  If you have never been to Ce Soir, it is sooo recommend that you go.  The venue is beautiful with some of the very best sl performers in their line ups.  The readings are wonderful, and even if you don't make it for those take some time to enjoy and explore the sim, it is breathtaking.

This morning I am at Cafe Musique another loved venue.  Laya, the owner is one of the nicest people you will ever meet in sl.  Going out in the mornings is always a pleasure as I get to hear more European performers.  On that note I got here half through Mimi Carpenter's show. (after I had to fight with sl and had to log in 4 times before it let me stay).  Mimi is always such a joy to listen to.  Her music is sooo beautiful. Saw some old friends today!  That is always fun.

Mimi Carpenter at Cafe Musique 0428016
I stayed for a performer that I don't believe I have seen before, Dimi VanWig..And wow what a talent. Guitar and piano. 

Dimi at Cafe Musique 04282016


It's time to backtrack.  Monday brought me to a venue I had not been to before....A fun venue, Free Spirit Farm.  taking you back in time to days of something many of us miss....being a hippie.  I was able to see Denny Mac, always a favorite.

DennyMac at Free Spirit Farms 04252016
After Denny finished an amazing show, complete with music that took you back to that era.  SoulVision was on stage.  Another performer that I had not seen in a long time. Another amazing performer!


SoulVision at Free Spirit Farms 04252016


On Tuesday I headed over to The Seaside LoungeThe Seaside Lounge is one of the most fun venues in sl.  It always jumping and has a wide range of the best sl performers.  Plus you have to love Montana, the owner.  It has been a while since we talked and it was good to get a chance to catch up with her.  They had an amazing performer on stage.  Phemie Alcott.  This woman is so very talented.  If you have not had a chance to hear Phemie run to see her when you see her name in events.  You will be totally blown away.

Phemie Alcott at The Seaside Lounge on 04262016
On Wednesday I headed over to Coffee House & Fireside Chat. I was surprised when I got there to find my dear friend Ann Seaton is the owner.  Ann is a woman with such good taste, every one of her venues is utterly beautiful and The Coffee House is no exception.  I got to listen to DennyMac.  This man has me totally blown away with his music.  It is the type of music that can just carry away you away to such a peaceful beautiful place.  Whether it be a cover or one of his many originals it is amazing.

DennyMac at Ann's Coffeehouse on 04272016

Just think it is only Thursday.  I am truly looking forward a wonderful musical weekend.  Chuckles especially since Chicago got cold again.  I actually had to put on a winter jacket again.  We did have dandelions for a couple of days, then I think the cold killed them.  No one loves spring and summer as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment